Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI). Below are the quick steps to join or renew with our chapter. If you have any questions or comments beyond what this page offers, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you at our events and helping you maximize your Project Management opportunities.
- Must be a member of the Project Management Institute.
How to Join
Step 1. Become a PMI Member
- The PMI offers 3 types of membership options – Individual Member, Student Member, and Retiree Member. Click hereto learn more about each type of PMI membership. Identify the type of membership you are seeking and follow the online process as instructed. When you apply for membership with PMI, you can join PMI-KENYA at the same time or as a separate transaction. (Note: PMI is also very good at walking you through this over the phone.)
- After you have created your account, make sure to check back frequently and utilize the full benefits of what PMI has to offer. You can also keep your profile up to date at the following web address https://my.pmi.org/
Step 2. Become a Kenya Chapter Member
- If you have not established an account on the PMI website please revisit Step 1.
- To join the PMI Kenya Chapter, you must register and pay your fees through PMI.org directly. Your Membership records will be updated and the Kenya Chapter will be notified of your membership. To pay your fees visit the following link (below) and follow the PMI Marketplace instructions.(Note: The annual Chapter membership fee for each type of membership varies. Student membership is open to any student enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited or global equivalent, college or university)
Step 3. What you can expect after registering
- After you join PMI you can begin utilizing online resources, customer support, or subscribing to a rich genre of information. To get an idea of those benefits, please visit:
- After you join the PMI-KENYA Chapter, you will automatically be added to the Kenya Chapter roster. You may begin using your benefits and your PMI Member # almost immediately to save money when registering for events, becoming a part of the local PM Community, or networking with other local area members.
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you have any questions about membership validation, or about PMI-KENYA in general, please contact us at email@example.com
How to Renew
Renewal is just as easy.
To be proactive, PMI Kenya recommends renewing 30-60 days before your membership expiration. All you need to do is
- Log-in to https://my.pmi.org and renew your membership.
- Follow the Step 2 above and add it to your shopping cart while in the PMI Market place.
(Note:PMI has incorporated a shopping cart format, and will show your PMI Membership renewal, as well as the renewal for any component groups or SIGs in which you are involved. When you are all done your receipt will show in your “My Orders” section on PMI.org.
It is that easy… and you retain all the benefits of your PMI-KENYA Membership such as: Dinner meeting discounts, guest speakers, special events, PMI-KENYA news, volunteer opportunities, PDU discounts, professional development training opportunities, and much more! Don’t miss out! Keep your edge!
Renew your PMI-KENYA membership before it expires!
What is PMI Membership?
In a word, dedication. PMI membership signifies that you’re serious about your project management career and your professional development. It highlights this dedication to employers, colleagues and stakeholders, giving you an edge in the job market. It also provides you with access to valuable knowledge, networks and resources that help you improve and advance.
Code of Ethics »
Benefits of Membership
As a PMI member, you gain exclusive access to PMI publications and our global standards, networking options with our chapters and online communities of practice, and leadership and volunteer opportunities. You’ll also receive discounts on certification exams and renewals, as well as our professional development offerings.
Grow your career using our expansive collection of knowledge resources including the PMBOK® Guide, tools and templates.
Communities & Volunteer Opportunities
We make it easy to connect with peers to network, share ideas and get advice, whether locally at PMI chapter events or virtually through our communities of practice.
Career Resources & Professional Development
With our flexible and varied professional development offerings and career resources, you can tailor your journey to your unique needs.
Rewards & Discounts
PMI members benefit from discounts and programs that help smooth the road to success.
Informative and insightful membership publications to help you keep up and stay abreast of the latest trends.
Looking for your next opportunity? Turn to our extensive tools and resources in PMI Career Headquarters you’ll find the premier job board for project management and resources like career coaching, which are just for members.