Reports to: Programs Manager
Grade Level: 13
Location: Designated Area
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical leadership in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the Peace Building and governance initiatives in the IMARA Program as guided by WV Kenya Policies and Donor requirements. Fully responsible for the smooth, cost effective, efficient and timely implementation of Peace Building and Governance initiatives under the IMARA program.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Program Implementation and Technical leadership on peace building and governance initiatives,60%
- Develop and roll out the Program’s detailed implementation plan and ensure program effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure timely and effective community & partner mobilization for meaningful involvement in the implementation of program activities
- Ensure full utilization of Do No Harm approach during program implementation
- Provide technical support to community groups and partners in undertaking routine conflict analysis (conflict assessment) and utilize the findings and recommendations to inform programming and public policy decisions
- Provide technical support to community groups and partners in undertaking reviews of NRM related policy, legislative, regulatory and planning frameworks
- Provide technical support to community groups and partners in cconducting annual government’s budget analysis and utilize the findings and recommendations to inform decision making on public resource allocation and management
- Provide technical support to community groups and partners in undertaking context based Social Accountability exercises
- Provide technical support to County level NRM Sector Working groups and relevant County Assembly Committees as may be appropriate from time to time
- Conduct need based capacity development sessions on peace building and governance targeted at community groups and program partners
- Establish and maintain a database of Peace building and Governance actors (e.g. community groups, Civil Society Organizations, Faith Based Organizations, the Private Sector. Government Departments, Agencies and Institutions)
- Effectively represent and profile the organization in external engagement and influencing platforms such as workshops, conferences, round tables, public forums among other opportunities
Monitoring, Documentation and Knowledge Management, 35%
- Provide technical guidance in developing and reviewing of program monitoring plans for peace building and governance initiatives
- Conduct routine monitoring of indicators as guided by the program M&E plan. This includes ensuring that data collection is conducted in accordance with the monitoring plan and standards in line with the Program M&E plan
- Clean, organise and archive program data on peace building and governance initiatives according to the monitoring system guidelines; and store data in a safe, secure and accessible location
- Develop quality technical reports such as weekly briefs, monthly reports, in-line with WV and donor reporting guidelines
- Facilitate regular learning and reflections session on peace building and governance initiatives; and make improvements as may be appropriate
Document best practices, human interest stories and refine case studies for publication
Any others duty %
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Requires a degree in either Peace-Building, Leadership and Governance, Sociology, Conflict studies or other related field and at least 4 years field experience working with Communities in Peace-Building and Governance
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including sphere standards (Core Humanitarian Standards), NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter, Conflict Sensitive Programming approaches (Do No Harm/Local Capacities for Peace)
- Experience in Advocacy, External engagements, influencing and Lobbying
- Experience in gender mainstreaming in peace building and governance programming
- Experience in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Familiarity with child participation tools and approaches
- Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent Communication skills (both oral and written).
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity on Peace building and governance
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view and emotional maturity.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Other responsibilities: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WVI reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required