Reports to: Programs Director
Grade Level: 12
Purpose of the position:
The PO-Grant Support for the Integrated Management of Natural Resources for Resilience in the ASAL (IMARA) grant from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) which aims at strengthening the target groups to use natural resources more sustainably and promote resilience in four counties of Samburu, Laikipia, Isiolo and Marsabit will, under the direction of the Project Director, provide operational and administrative assistance to the Secretariat, Project Staff and Consortium Members. The PO provide necessary, programming administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the Secretariat, and assists with information management.
The incumbent will provide effective and efficient support to the Secretariat team to ensure smooth program delivery. This includes administrative, logistical and information management assistance to the Program Director and other team members, as well as planning and coordination of team activities (meetings, workshops, travel budgets).
The position Holder must be able to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Support Implementation & monitoring of IMARA Program, 30%
- Under the guidance of the Program Director, manage day-to-day and provide support to iMARA Program Secretariat.
- Support effective and timely management of donor/consortium needs, queries and requests.
- Contribute to the processes of creating linkages with other partners
- Support MEAL Advisor to coordinate and monitor program processes with Consortium Partners;
- Support program staff with People and Culture related processes e.g. contract renewals, performance agreements, appraisals among others.
- Prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports in collaboration with various groups.
- In collaboration with MEAL officer, promote organizational learning culture particularly through creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the groups and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Support organization and documentation of consortium learning and sharing forums in consultation with MEAL officer and communications officer in dissemination of knowledge/best practice, challenges, and knowledge gaps.
Administrative Support, 30%
- Maintains confidential records for the Program Director;
- Manage office correspondence and documentation Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations;
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required;
- Maintains a tracking system of responses to sub grantees;
- Maintains and updates team’s databases and mailing lists using and Maintains team members’ contacts using;
- Contributes to electronic filing of team documents;
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices;
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings as required;
- Assists in the coordination of the Secretariat process by tracking Program completion for the programs, scheduling interviews as necessary and e-filing the final document;
- Liaises with Regional Office staff as required, and provides assistance to National Office staff when visiting Secretariat;
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and
- Works with other Partner Organizations to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed; and
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from team members.
Workshops and Events, 20%
- Liaises with members and partners to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops;
- Liaises with Program team and other agencies regarding venue, travel, hotels, and with Catering Services staff for provision, room organization and logistics;
- Liaises with and assists program recipients and consultants as required to ensure smooth functioning of activities;
- Coordinates and disseminates all internal and external material, including publicity and background documents and coordinates appropriate mailings or distribution;
- Prepares training kits or information packages and sends material to participants in a timely manner; and
- Coordinates registration process and acts as contact person for the participants.
Travel Management, 15%
- Responsible for planning and consolidation of trip plans and reports; Maintains and regularly updates travel plans
- Provides updated reports to the team and Director;
- Communicates with travel agency to obtain Support and supports visas requesting and prepares supporting travel documents
Any Other 5%
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree NRM, Environmental studies, Agriculture, or related field from a recognized university.
- Must have at least 3 years’ relevant experience working
- 2 years’ experience in project management of projects in Livelihoods and Resilience will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Computer especially in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis programs such as SPSS, Stata, EPI Info.
- Possess excellent communication, facilitation, networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to maintain donor and partner relations through timely and appropriate communications.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work under stress and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to influence multi-sectoral teams towards a given goal.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the Humanitarian Development Field