Reports to: Integrated Programs Director
Grade Level: 17
Provides supervision to: MEAL Advisor, Grant Financial Manager – IMARA, Market Systems Advisor,
WV Kenya Program Manager, Project Officer – Grant Support, and the
Project Managers from the NRT & SEI (Consortium Members)
Technical and Strategic leadership and management, 40%
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic leadership and direction to the Program Management Unit (PMU)/Secretariat, Project Managers and Field officers.
- Develop appropriate implementation strategies for the Program
- Ensure focused quality, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of IMARAinterventions on sustainable Natural Resource Management (NRM), secure livelihoods and strengthened market systems with effective governance systems and structures.
- Manage the partner agencies in terms of ensuring that the Program deliverables are achieved in an effective and timely manner as per the proposal/work plan;
- Ensure social inclusion (mainstreaming gender and youth) and conflict sensitive programming.
- Support Capacity Building Program team in matters sustainable NRM as per the Program objectives.
- Ensure that professional development activities, including performance appraisals,performance agreements, monitoring and needed training and mentoring activities aresuccessfully carried out.
- Engage with and manage relationships between Consortium members as
the main link between the Program and Sida.
- Ensure integration of the grant with the partners objectives including WVK Initiatives andChild Well- being outcomes in-line with the WVK Strategic priorities.
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate andempower Program teams.
- Support development and implementation of MoU framework that details how the consortium will be managed clearly specifying the roles and responsibilities of each partner (NRT &SEI) including the donor Sida;
Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, 15%
- Ensure that IMARA interventions are implemented in compliance with
- Sida, GoK, WVK and other partners acceptable standards and norms.
- Ensure timely surveys of the Program and dissemination of findings to all partners including GoK and the Donor while ensuring streamlining implementation in respect to the outcomes of the survey.
- Develop, with support of WVK, NRT & SEI, a detailed plan that will support delivery of the Program objectives throughout the Program period appreciating the unique context.
- Oversee development, review and approval of the 3 year Program Design.
- With support from the MEAL Coordinator, lead the planning, implementation and budgeting of the Program activities.
- Organize annual review meetings for planning and monitoring of Program activities.
- Ensure that partner agencies submit timely and quality periodic and annual reports and plans as required by the donor
- With support from MEAL Coordinator, and key partners, develop a GIS activity /Program map;
Financial and Operational Policies, 15%
- Work with the Finance Coordinator towards ensuring financial aspect of the Program are adhered to in compliance with Donor and partner
- In liason with Finance Coordinator, ensure secured continued funding and donor relationship:
- Ensure Program expenditure remains within acceptable levels
- Ensure operational standards of the Program are maintained leading to acceptable audit performance
- Ensure implementation of risk and audit recommendations
Partnership, Coordination, Networking and Resource Acquisition, 20%
- Organize and convene/chair partners meetings for joint planning and Progress review.
- Strengthen networking with relevant government departments especially
- Ministries of Forestry and Natural Resources, Agriculture, Livestock and
- Fisheries, and Water and Irrigation to lobby for their active participation in buildingrelevant structures for sustainability.
- Ensure active engagement on policy at both the National and County level on issues todo with the sustainable use of natural resources and climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Create good working relations with the County governors/ Executive CommitteeMembers as well as Legislative arm of the County Governments.
- Ensure that Program interventions are in synergy with other related Programs within thearea of coverage for sustainability.
- Take lead in planning and coordination or the Secretariat Program Steering
- Committee meetings.
- Organize integrated review meetings for staff, partners and donor.
- Increase visibility of the Program by maintaining active engagement and advocacy of NRM and climate change at national and international levels.
- Participate in development of environment and climate change related concepts and proposals to support fundraising as well as marketing ECC to various learning forums.
Reporting learning and documentation, 5%
- Compile and submit timely relevant reports on the program
Implementation and any other reports required by Sida and/or any of the
- Ensure identification, documenting and sharing of best practices, change stories and lessonlearnt over the Program implementation period.
- Ensure that learning happens under the auspices of the Program and lessons learnt areshared with the donor, partners and other Stakeholders.
- Ensure production and dissemination of communications resources for IMARA to key stake holder
Any other duty 5%
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Bachelor degree in social sciences or any other related field.
Minimum two years working experience in sponsorship operations
Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database applications and other related applications in children in ministry
Other Attributes and responsibilities
Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision
Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
Proposal/concept paper writing skills for fund raising