IT PROJECT MANAGER
Global Protocol Solutions Limited is a Project Management consultancy firm skilled in project delivery. Protocol’s Resource Center seeks to identify suitable resources for the role of IT PROJECT MANAGER (multiple positions), for our client in the financial services sector.
- Take responsibility for the overall project objectives of a given portfolio
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables in collaboration with senior management/stakeholders.
- Develop project plans and estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Maintain monthly statistics and data for reporting purposes to all levels of management
- Present findings, conclusions, recommendations to deploy new/remediate existing services
- Engage collaboratively with project stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritization of delivery.
- Ensure adherence to operational acceptance procedures and testing/approval process
- Ensure procurement of project and BAU related hardware/software is correct.
- Monitor Technical build, manufacture, integration and implementation of the initiatives
- Ensure quality Assurance for Audit, Risk and Governance across all the projects in your portfolio.
- To work across functions and to act as an interface point between business and Technology
- Bachelors degree, Commerce, banking , business, or equivalent qualification or High Level diploma
- Degree level education in an analytical subject would be beneficial
- Work experience and exposure to Banking/ ICT Industry
- Experience of financial services preferred;
- (5) years direct work experience in a project management capacity
- MUST be able to demonstrate competency with MS Project 2010+
- Display understanding of technology strategic issues in the banking or financial services sector
- PMP qualification or Project Management certification
- Good understanding of project disciplines (Prince2, PMP)
- Strong customer liaison and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation experience;
- Must be able to work under pressure, take clear ownership of issues and projects and drive to ensure a successful closure for the customer, peers and IT;
- Financial management – budget preparation and managing to budget;
- Working within a Global or Regional role
- Familiarity with ITIL processes, associated concepts and style management procedures and mainstream project management styles a distinct advantage.